Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sentences & Sentence Fragments {Anchor Chart Thursdays}


I use this anchor chart as I introduce/review sentences and sentence fragments with my students.  First, we talk about what a sentence is, what it has.  Then, we come up with a few examples.  We then do the same for sentence fragments.  Once we have discussed them, the students get with a partner.  They are assigned to come up with their own sentence or sentence fragment.  They then share their sentence/sentence fragment with the class and the class must guess where it will go on the anchor chart.

It's a great way to get students thinking about the differences of sentences and sentence fragments.

post signature

Labels:

5 Comments:

At October 10, 2013 at 10:29 PM , Blogger Matt said...

This is great. I love the visual of it.
Thanks for sharing.

Matt
Digital: Divide & Conquer

 
At October 15, 2013 at 6:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

So using this.

 
At October 22, 2013 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Katie Edwards said...

Did you start "Anchor Chart Thursdays"? If you make a button I will participate! :)

 
At November 1, 2013 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

There's a place to link up with a button in my newest post.

 
At October 20, 2015 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

super cute idea! I love giving the kids an opportunity to get up and move!

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home